Assignment Update #1

So I’ve been bunkering down the past week and getting into my most current assignment, which is a joint assignment for two of my subjects. The task is to create a teaching resource that is (on the whole) self contained whilst being in a digital format. The resource has got to include an activity from each of the musical experiences (performing, composing, listening).

A couple of posts back I blogged about filming Pastance, who are a performance group from Musica Viva. In the ibook that I am creating, I will be using some of the material that we filmed and recorded to be used alongside the activities planned.

I’ve spent my time film editing using Screenflow, and editing audio in Logic Pro X. A large portion of my time was spent transcribing and creating a Mixed Bag arrangement of one of the songs that Pastance performed using Sibelius. More recently I have created various backing tracks and files to scaffold the tasks.

Two things that I’ve learnt so far:

  1. Everything takes way longer than anticipated.
  2. My computer can only take so much. (Having all these large programs opening and closing puts my poor computer under strain haha)

Screen Shot 2015-09-28 at 9.08.30 pm

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s